Saturday, October 23, 2010

pumpkin patch!

Yesterday we went to the pumpkin patch for our traditional pumpkin / fall festivities.  I LOVE traditions.  I think they are my love language.  Going this year to the same place and doing the same things helped me remember so well what it was like last year.  I love it.  I remember telling Adam last year, "Sometimes you have to pay for memories."  Because this place isn't free - not too expensive but not that cheap.  Anyways... we had a fun, special, family afternoon.  Caleigh was super excited.
Telling us about what we were going to do...

Andrew was pretty excited once he saw that their was an entire field covered in "balls" (ie pumpkins).
We tried to get a posed picture on the tractor.  Didn't work out too well.
Cute family picture.
Andrew treated the pumpkins like balls - picking them up, carrying them, and throwing them.  Seriously he is ALL boy.  And Caleigh is ALL girl.  I love it.  I love their differences and also seeing how much they love each other.  I love seeing how each of them are different than Adam and I are.  I love how God created us all so perfectly, so intricately, that none of us are completely alike and yet we are all made in His image for His glory.
A particularly heavy one...
The requisite posed pumpkin sibling shot...
Take 2 - Andrew always with that worried expression on his face...
Take 3...
Take 4 - with the arm around brother...
My spitting image...
And my sweet baby boy.
Seriously Mom, I am like 16 years old and way too cool for this type of public affection...
Hmmm... what is this? I better climb in it and check it out...



The did a GREAT job feeding the animals.  Neither of them were scared at all.  Andrew was awesome at holding the food and opening his hand at just the right time.
Feeding the goats...

And they got to pet the bunnies.  Andrew wasn't so fond of that.

Checking out the cows.  I love this picture.
And this one.
And this one...
I think my guys look so much alike too...
We really did have such a fun time.  My real love language is quality time so I love love love things like this where we are all together and it is fun.  I want to hold on to the time - I feel like it is just flying by.  I find myself often praying when we are all together as a family at sweet times, "Lord please help me to remember this."  I love our sweet little family.  What a blessing from our good God.

No comments: