Dumplings, as in the southern kind with chicken - not the western kind with pork (though I love those). Caleigh's absolute favorite pasttime is helping cook in the kitchen. Any time she sees us (me) in there she says, "ya-ya help" (ya-ya being the way she pronounces Caleigh). So last night we had chicken and dumplings which I make the same way my mom and her mom did - using homemade chicken broth and homemade noodles (and no veggies!). I have such fond memories of helping my mom make the dumplings by putting the noodles in the pot of boiling broth (and eating many noodles in the process). So it was really neat for Caleigh to join in on that tradition too. We donned Caleigh's apron (and an old t-shirt for me) -
3 comments:
you do NOT look like and ogre and Cal's looks sooo cute! I would have been eating her up.
Post the recipe!!!
Lindsay, NOT an ogre shot at all! I love it! It's a sweet pic of you and Caleigh. Oh, and impressive that everything was made from scratch. Wow!
Post a Comment