I have finally stalked enough blogs to track down several pictures from our trip to the country in January. We had such a fun time at the Jacksons' country house celebrating all things southern, including, but not limited to: the Hunts, camo, guns, sewing, all things fried/fattening (shown here at Lone Star - a fabulous all you can eat buffet of southern heaven)...
Carrie and I bonded over our love of bad childhood movies (yes, Melissa, I stole that line directly from your blog)...
We went on a fun hayride in the freezing cold (to help acclimate Melissa into what the cold Prague days would feel like)...
In a hilarious dichotomy, the guys spent their time doing manly things like chopping down trees (and finding them infested with giant bugs, prompting the quote: "That's your problem right thar.") and then cutting them up with a hilariously small chainsaw...
and shooting pumpkins ("Take it!")
While the women perfected their suzy homemaker sides with a sewing lesson from Carrie Dirks. I did learn important things like what the heck a bobbin is and I actually sewed for the first time in my life. Although as I think Mary can also say, neither of us have sewed since.
We spent some great time in fellowship with each other and especially enjoyed a giant bonfire that the guys slaved over.
Thanks for a fun weekend!
2 comments:
yes! love the nod to Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken!
Haha! Wild Hearts Can't be Broken was one of my FAVE movies!
Post a Comment