Saturday, December 26, 2009

little a is 6 months

Our little bruiser is 6 months old (actually almost 6 and a half as I write this post). We seriously love our sweet boy so much. He is so lovable - he loves to laugh and be tickled. He is super social - always wanting to be with people. As soon as he sees us he will reach and out grab our faces and try to pull them close to him. He loves to be held and is at such a fun baby age. I can't believe how big he is already -
  • He is rolling over front to back but he still hasn't rolled from back to front yet. He can sit up for several minutes unassisted and is pretty steady.
  • He takes a morning nap from 9-11 and an afternoon nap from 1-3. Most days he also takes a little cat nap from 4:30 - 5:15. He goes down at 7 and sleep until 8 am without waking. He is a champion sleeper nowadays (just like his sister - a huge blessing!). He falls asleep quickly and has really grown attached to his silky. As soon as you put him in his bed he grabs the silky, pulls it all the way over his face, and starts sucking his thumb.
  • He loves to eat - he is eating solids three times a day now and I am back to making baby food again. So far he has liked pretty much everything we have given him - bananas, applesauce, pears, peaches, apricots, prunes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, peas. He does not like green beans or avocados. I am determined to get him liking green beans though and keep giving it to him. He will eat small bites of them and then do a big shiver after each bite.
  • I am still nursing him 4 or 5 times a day and hoping to stay with that until we get a little closer to spring (out of this season of colds).
  • He seems to be growing out of his milk protein allergy. I have started eating cheese and he is tolerating that fine. I haven't tried drinking milk again though and I think I will probably steer clear of that until he has been weaned.
6 month stats:
  • weight: 16 lb 11 oz (36th%)
  • height: 27 and 1/4 inches (79th%)
  • head circumference: 17 and 1/4 inches (53rd%)
We are SO in love with this lovable hug-able squeezable little guy!

No comments: