Sunday, December 20, 2009

operation single parent

Operation Single Parent (OSP) is well underway. Adam is skiing in Vermont and New Hampshire with my brother, David, who lives in Keene, NH. Adam left on Friday afternoon and will be back Tuesday around 11 pm. Caleigh has turned up this hilarity (is that even a word??) while Adam has been gone.
Some funny things that have happened:
  • Saturday night: I was feeding Andrew baby food and he flailed his arms to try to get the spoon and it caused the baby food (butternut squash) to go flying everywhere. So I said in kind of a half singsong, half annoyed voice, 'Andrew Dyer.' Then Caleigh, the little mimic started saying, "A-dro Dyder" which is her version of Andrew Dyer... she just kept saying it over and over. So cute.
  • Later on Saturday night I decided to give the kids a bath (and actually put Andrew in there with Caleigh for the first time - of course this required me holding him the whole time which was difficult to say the least) - Caleigh loved it - she seriously thought the sole purpose of him being in the bath was so that she could bathe him. She tried repeatedly to dump water on his head, wash his face with a washcloth, and give him the soap.
  • Then today (Sunday) at lunch: Caleigh has been saying "Loo waa I dus did" ( = Look what I just did) after she does something she thinks is significant. So today Caleigh burped and afterwards she started singing "burp, burp, burp" which is what we sing when we are trying to get Andrew to burp. I said Caleigh, "What do you say?" intending to get an excuse me response and our adorable little goose said promptly, "Look what I just did." We had quite the laugh about that!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

She is so cute!!! And so helpful.