Tuesday, December 29, 2009

christmas eve 2009

After I spent Christmas eve mostly in bed, the Dyers (Bampa, Gammy, Jon, and his girlfriend Kayla) came over to open presents with us, go to church with us, and then we all went out for a feliz navidad fiesta at Cantina 1511 (as is our Christmas eve tradition!). Caleigh loved opening presents...
After she opened each item she wanted to take the item out of its packaging so that she could play with it.
The doting grandparents - Bampa and Gammy. After presents we went to the Christmas eve service at church which I LOVE going to. Caleigh was absolutely hilarious - I thought she would be nervous to go on stage for the children's message but she wasn't. I think she must have had nervous energy because she kept trying to jump ('jump, jump' and squatting up and down since she can't actually make herself leave the ground yet) and she kept saying, "hi, bampa!" - at one point she was trying to climb up on stage and Bennett Kulp (age 4) even tried boosting her up but couldn't, for which I was utterly grateful... who knows what a nervous bundle of energy would have done to the drums, guitar, and microphones. Afterwards we went out for a fun mexican dinner with the whole gang and had a blast!

No comments: