This sweet peanut is 2 years old! I thought I would be so sad and that it would be so weird to say I had a 2 year old but it doesn't. It seems like she has been 2 for a while now. I honestly can't even think of how to describe this little goose at 2 years old. So I will start with her stats - she weights 27 lbs. (54th%) and is 34 inches tall (51st%). She has always been perfectly average with her height and weight and that still rings true.

She is a pretty good little painter and asks to do it all the time. She also says often "Mama, I want to draw." And then is done with it in like 5 minutes. A typical day for us (when I am not working) is: we get her out of her room around 7:45 or 8. She will often be up before then and will go and get toys (quiet as a mouse!) and put them in her bed and then get back in her bed and play with them until we come and get her. We will do breakfast sometime around 8:30 or 9 after I have fed Andrew. She loves oatmeal, pancakes, cereal, and bananas for breakfast and will ask for all of them by name. Sometime around 9:30 after Andrew goes down for a nap she will go and have
roomtime in her room for about an hour. Sometimes she plays the whole time and sometimes I find her in there at 10:30 laying on her bed, reading a book, and sucking her thumb. At 10:30 we will usually have a little snack and then
Caleigh will help me do chores - fold laundry, put clothes in wash, unload dishes, or cook. Sometimes she watches about 15 minutes of Elmo depending on our day (she literally asks to watch Elmo every day all day - I think she thinks it is the only thing that comes on TV). Sometimes we will have learning time before Andrew wakes up at 11:15 or 11:30 - playing play-
doh together, playing 'which one is bigger?' or 'which one is different?' or we will have craft time (like painting). We do lunch either early at 11 if we are going to run errands or lunch around noon and then naps at 1 - she usually sleeps until at least 2:45, sometimes until 3:30 or 4 depending on the day. We usually go somewhere after naps and then we play with Daddy and have dinner. After dinner are baths,
PJs, brushing teeth (
Caleigh also asks to brush teeth all the time), and reading before bed. I know that isn't the most exciting for everyone to read but I want to be able to look back and remember what we did all day!

Some of
Caleigh's favorites...
- Food: breakfast as described above, PB and honey sandwiches, crackers, all kinds of fruit - especially blackberries, and grape tomatoes
- Activities: play-doh, watching Elmo, going to the park, having someone throw/swing her around, and hanging out with Gigi/PopPop/KK or Gammy/Bampa
Caleigh's language has been exploding lately. She talks all the time - often in sentences... we probably understand about 40 or 50% of what she says.
That pretty much sums up our little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment