Friday, November 27, 2009

gone for good

Well - the silky in this picture is gone for good. Not on purpose. Earlier this week we lost it at Walmart. By we, I mean Caleigh dropped it at some point and I didn't realize it until we were getting in the car. By that point, Andrew was screaming and Caleigh was whining and there was no way I could take them both back out of their carseats to go back in and look for it.
Despite Adam leaving work to go and search for it and despite calling Walmart several times for a couple of days, it was never found. So somebody out there is enjoying a little purple silky with the initials CGD in it. And Caleigh keeps asking for "other silky." She will cuddle up with her big one and then say, "Mama, other silky." So now Caleigh is getting a new silky for her birthday/early Christmas and hopefully she will take to it just as well. I guess it lasted us for 2 years - besides, when I was asking one of the employees at Walmart about it she said "it probably got swept up in the giant sweepers" - that is not what I think happened to it, but still - would I really want to find it after something like that? Probably not. So sad for Caleigh (and Mama!).

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry-- what drama.
That really is a sweet picture of her, though.

Katie said...

Oh sad! I think it would be major trouble in our house if we lost Brook's special blankie. I hope Caleigh likes her new one!