Saturday, January 31, 2009

random things about Lindsay

My 25 random things about myself that I posted on Facebook:
  1. I am thankful for the saving grace that is mine through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - I should tell people that more often so I am starting on Facebook.
  2. I am a closet introvert.  I am not ashamed to be an introvert - I love it, but I think that most people would think that I am an extrovert.  I thought I was until my sophomore year in college.  I can only take large groups and small talk for a very small amount of time.
  3. I really like working part time as a pediatric pharmacist at Levine Children's Hospital.  It is the perfect balance of being at work enough (16-24 hrs/wk) to feel like I have a work life and of being at home to feel like I have a stay-at-home mom life.  It can be a little lonely sometimes when I feel like I don't totally fit in either place.
  4. I am an extremely picky eater.  Caleigh eats more variety and green things than I do.  Typically I have an idea in my head of what I want to eat and I will be disappointed with anything else (which annoys Adam to no end).
  5. Rollerblading is one of my favorite things to do.  I have been known to rollerblade at the park with Bailey to try to wear her out.  Unfortunately it is not recommended during pregnancy - otherwise I would be doing it with Bailey on the leash and Cals in the jogger.
  6. I love being pregnant.  Not the big and uncomfortable part and not even the being able to eat anything part.  I love how strangers always seem so in awe of pregnant ladies and how they treat it with such honor and amazement.
  7. I don't clean.  I mean, I cook and unload the dishes from the dishwasher.  I do laundry.  But I don't do any deep cleaning. - On my days off i don't feel like cleaning is my job - I would rather just enjoy being with Cals.  If I stay at home full time at some point maybe I will try to get better at cleaning - but probably not.
  8. I am obsessed with jeans.  Mostly designer jeans which I get to buy once a year in the fall.
  9. I don't like lunch food.  Actually I loathe lunch in general unless I am eating out.  My ideal day of food is a bowl of cereal for early breakfast, brunch at 10:30 or 11ish consisting of eggs, bacon, grits, etc., a snack at 3 or 4ish and then dinner.  I try to avoid lunch at all costs.
  10. I love cold weather and I wish we didn't live in such a warm climate.
  11. Adam has made me so much more laid back than my personality would naturally be.  Now I almost consider myself a laid back person.
  12. I love to golf - it is one of my favorite hobbies.  When Adam and I lived in Nashville I would get off of work at 4 (on a good day) and we would go play 18 holes of golf and then have a late dinner at 7:30 or 8 (GREAT memories of Nashville).  My best 9 hole score is 43.  Best 18 holes in 90.  I played regularly until I was 6 months pregnant with Caleigh.  It is so expensive to play in Charlotte.
  13. I rarely paint my own nails.  I get a pedicure at least once a month - even if I have to save all my allowance money for it.
  14. I would love to take art classes.
  15. I don't like my pets.  We started with a cat, Riley, when we first got married and then we got our boxer/lab mix, Bailey, about a year later.  We gave Riley away when I got pregnant with Caleigh and now I want to give Bailey away.  I think I love our pets for about a year until the newness wears off and then I am just done.
  16. I dream of living other places - Seattle (I love the rain!), Chicago (I love the cold!), New York (I love the city!), Colorado, London, etc.  But I really don't want to move away from Charlotte.
  17. I was extremely rebellious in high school.
  18. I loathe musicals.
  19. Country music is my absolute favorite.
  20. I worked at a Wendy's in Branson, Missouri for a summer when on summer project with Campus Crusade.  I was the drive through girl because I was the only one who could count change fast enough.  I rationed myself to 1 chicken nugget or a couple of fries per day so I didn't get fat.  I still have my hat with flare all over it.
  21. I love movies -  only seeing them in the theatre though.  Adam loves to rent movies and watch them at home but I hate it - so I do it out of love for him.
  22. I also love TV - Alias was one of the best shows ever and Jennifer Gardner is one of my favorite actresses.  I would be em brassed to list all of the shows I watch now. (Amazing Race, Gossip Girl, House, Heroes, The Bachelor, 24, John and Kate Plus 8, NCIS, America's Next Top Model, What Not to Wear (sometimes), Lost, The Office, and Grey's Anatomy)
  23. I always have a planner with the whole year ahead planned out.  I love to know what to expect and I hate surprises.  This is why I like to find out the sex of the baby when we are pregnant (like now!).
  24. I love to read.  Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors.  One summer I bought all the classics - Jane Austen, etc. but I have never read them.  I read the Twilight series last month and loved it.
  25. I didn't think I would be able to think of 25 random things but I did, and I could go on with more.  Apparently I am more interesting than I thought.

1 comment:

k-bird said...

wow! aha you & adam are absolute complete opposites! thats awesome!!! yall are fun!

p.s. alias used to be an addiction! i can totally relate. & i never met anyone who doesn't like lunch! i do the same thing!