While Adam was out of town skiing in December, Caleigh and I attended our annual lifegroup Christmas party. This year we had a tacky Christmas sweater party. (I don't really dress like this.) I debated about whether or not to post this but decided in the name of fun I would show just what I can do. I am wearing the prize for tackiest sweater on my head which obscures my Christmas pom-pom headband - a last minute suggestion from Celia Kulp. Mary was jealous that she couldn't wear it.
My sweater is actually a very long vest from one of my mom's friends who has lots of Christmas cheer (and 3 or 4 sweaters to choose from!). I also wore a jingle bell necklace and Karen let me borrow her Christmas tree light necklace with the strict stipulation that I return it in perfect condition so that she could wear it. The necklace really sealed my victory - especially the 3 different settings: all lights on, all lights flashing in unison, or all lights flashing at random. Good thing nobody in our lifegroup has a seizure disorder. My favorite moment from the Christmas party came from the last white elephant Santa gift. Lauren got the pleasure of opening this enormous pair of men's underwear with an iTunes gift card hidden in the crotch. Truly classy for an Uptown bunch. I love this picture with some of the ladies' faces in various degrees of shock.
When Caleigh reads this blog in every how many years she is going to wonder... who did my parents hang out with?
No comments:
Post a Comment