Thursday, July 14, 2011

7.14.11 Caleigh's craft

Caleigh has been drawing so much lately and I love it.  She has really gotten into drawing faces - her favorite medium is markers which we don't often let her use but she loves it.  Her faces/people are usually a face like you see in the picture below - a big head with eyes, a nose, and a mouth - sometimes with hair and sometimes with arms and legs coming out of the head.  I love it - so cute.
I am not the least bit artistic or crafty at all but it is neat to see her get into something (whereas Andrew may spend about 5 seconds - 1 minute on a project before he is done... for example: When painting with watercolors the other day he was done with the watercolors after maybe 3 minutes so he experimented with slowly pouring the colored water on his paper and then balled up his paper as if it was a paper towel and tried to wipe up the spill.  This was after he painted on the wall.)

Caleigh has recently been loving color wonder markers (so have I - no risks!) and she is getting so good at coloring in the lines on paper.

No comments: