Tuesday, July 12, 2011

7.10.11 meeting baby Haven

On July 8th one of my dear friends, Carrie Dirks, gave birth to this bundle of joy - sweet Haven Katelin Dirks.  She is my hero - as she birthed this sweet girl with no drugs - and we didn't know whether she would be a girl or a boy until she was born.  I got to be in the delivery room when Haven was born and it was amazing - I have never experienced a birth before (except for when I was the one giving birth) and it was truly spectacular.  Such a miracle of life.  On Sunday the whole fam went over to meet sweet Haven at home.  Andrew was particularly enamored...

 Isn't she gorgeous for a 3 day old?
 Caleigh was absolutely precious with her -
C

 And then the kids had a fight about who got to put the paci in...

And a big kid pic - the girls hamming it up for the camera (especially Maggie - and the boys looking slightly bewildered while staring off in the distance)...

We already love this sweet addition to the Dirks family!

No comments: