Monday, August 23, 2010

cooking whirlwind

I was a cooking machine this morning - I made 3 chicken pot pies this AM (1 for us and 2 for friends with newborns at home) and my first batch of homemade granola. In an attempt for 20 minutes of peace to finish up the pies I attempted to get the kids to watch a video. Caleigh loves Curious George and also loves to watch a show when she gets to from time to time - but Andrew not so much... I sit him on the couch like a big boy and hoped for the best.
He sat still for about 90 seconds and then decided his goal on Monday was to master climbing on to and off of the couch. The practicing several times (and falling several times) really entertained him and I was able to finish this cooking fete. Everything turned out wonderfully (except for my kitchen which was an absolute disaster).

No comments: