Tuesday, August 3, 2010

bats live where?

Caleigh and I have been having such funny conversations lately. I was asking her yesterday where several different animals live - such as bees, monkeys, turtles, frogs, birds, elephants, etc and she answered each one perfectly... until we got to bats.
me: Caleigh, where do bats live?
Caleigh: Bats live in Babies Crawled Away.
me: No, Caleigh where do bats live? (because I didn't really understand what she was saying)
Caleigh: Bats live in Babies Crawled Away.
me: Oh, the bats live in your book, The Day the Babies Crawled Away.
Caleigh: Yes, bats live in Babies Crawled Away.
One of Caleigh's (and my) favorite books right now is called, "The Day the Babies Crawled Away." We read it a lot. And there is a line in it that says "They crawled into a cave. You cried, 'Babies behave.' But the babies loved bats so the babies just waved." And Caleigh now thinks that bats live in her book - missing the cave part. Hilarious.

No comments: