Tuesday, May 12, 2009

two faces of Caleigh

These pictures literally occurred within 30 minutes of each other.  Monday was a hard day for Caleigh - she woke up really early, fell asleep in the car for 10 minutes around 11 on the way home from Walmart, and then only took a 1.5 hour nap.  The poor thing was exhausted.  When she is tired she has really high highs (squealing, super high voice, laughing...) and really low lows (crying excessively at the tiniest things).  While I was cooking dinner after her nap I looked over and found her sitting in one of the pots - of course I grabbed my camera for such an adorable photo op.
Then we tried finger painting - it was cold and wet outside and the chicken for dinner was cooking so I needed to entertain her inside.  She loved it at first - more than the first time she tried it.  And then she got this wild look in her eyes and put her paint filled fingers in her mouth... after telling her that she can't eat the paint (thankfully it is non-toxic) she absolutely lost it -  Needless to say, Caleigh went straight to the bath and after dinner she went right to sleep.  Oh how quickly her moods can change.

No comments: