Good news - I am 1 cm dilated and 25% effaced at 36.5 weeks! If you can't tell by the exclamation points, I am absolutely thrilled. I think with Caleigh I was nothing... not effaced, not dilated... nothing, when I went in to get induced with her (at 39 wk and 4 days).

I have gained exactly 20 pounds so far but it feels like so much more. I am in full nesting mode - despite working full time - I have reorganized
Caleigh and Andrew's closet, washed all of Andrew's clothes, started packing Andrew's bag for the hospital, purchased all the last minute necessities, and put all of Andrew's clothes into drawers. I still need to finish preparing his cradle (since we only have 2 bedrooms in our condo, he will be sleeping in this adorable cradle that we found on
craigslist) which I hope to post pictures of soon. I am hopeful that this little guy will make an appearance before my due date (which seems impossibly far away). As far as the pregnancy symptoms I am feeling big and slow and not sleeping well but otherwise things are going great. This past weekend we went to Myrtle Beach with
Caleigh and it was great family time - before that weekend I was stressed about all I had to do to get ready for Andrew and I was stressed about him getting here. The weekend provided us some really fun moments with just us and
Caleigh and it really gave me a sense of closure on our time as a family of 3. Now I feel completely ready to welcome this sweet little baby boy into our family and become a family of 4. Even that change in my attitude and outlook is such an answer to prayer - thank you Jesus. T minus 3.5 weeks and counting...
1 comment:
I know you don't feel it, but you look great!!!
Oh and your belly looks like it has dropped from previous pictures. Hopefully that means he is getting ready to come!!
Post a Comment