Friday, November 25, 2016

baby shower for Mary Carson!

Some of my sweet friends threw me a baby shower for Mary Carson. I loved that they (thank you Lauren, Mary, and Anne!) and all the sweet friends and my mom and mother in law, Vicki wanted to take the time to celebrate this sweet life as we have paused to celebrate the others. Since we didn't really need anything I checked with our adoption agency who checked with Mary Carson's foster care center in China to see what type of donations they needed. They responded that they really needed toys. (well, that narrows it down right?). Although a lot of our toys are made in China, from what I understand, they are made to be shipped out, and therefore if they are bought in China they really cost the same as they would in the States. Which makes them cost prohibitive for many. Basically any toy would work as long as it didn't need batteries or have English all over it. So I registered for some that I thought would work and this is what friends brought. We are taking them all in a suitcase that we will just donate to the foster care center as well. Thank you to all my friends who joined with us in blessing the orphanage and foster care center this way. I know they will be so thankful. Some friends also brought some things just specific to Mary Carson and some adoption themed books for her, which was so great.

All in all it was a great time with sweet friends to pause and pray and celebrate this newest blessing.

These two girls had a blast being with the grown-ups at the party.
I love how they've been friends since they were literally days old.
So thankful for this friend and her attention to detail. Love all the nods to China at the shower. It was perfect!

The same lovie that all our other kids have with her sweet name on it, love it.

So thankful for my sweet prayer triad and the way the Lord has knit us together.
 Wish I had gotten so many more pictures with friends!

Overall, just so blessed and thankful for the blessing of another child. Mary Carson, whose name Mary, means wished for child. She truly has been wished for for so many years. Thankful for this answer to prayer. Oh how the Lord is faithful to us. 

No comments: