I've been trying to learn all that I can about China as we're on this journey. Since it's where our baby is, when I'm reading about and imagining China it makes me feel nearer to her. I've mostly been reading historical fiction and memoirs. One thing I've noticed is that the Chinese sure love their ancient proverbs, and they are very superstitious. One Chinese proverb that I've come across several times really stands out to me as it relates to adoption-->

I love to think of this red thread as being God's providence. God has predestined us to meet our China baby. He knows who she is because He created her. And even in this adoption the following holds true...

I love to think of this red thread as being God's providence. God has predestined us to meet our China baby. He knows who she is because He created her. And even in this adoption the following holds true...
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
(Colossians 1:17)
Jesus is before all things - He was in the beginning with God and He was in control before I or our China baby arrived on this planet. He goes before us in this adoption, and in Him all things - even this adoption - hold together.
Thanks be to God for this promise to rely on!
No comments:
Post a Comment