Easter - that glorious day - the celebration that Jesus did indeed rise, just as he said... conquering sin and death for us. Such a jubilant day. And a day for taking pictures...
As I looked at these pictures of our 4 sweet kiddos - all such blessings - my heart was tinged with a sadness. I have 5 kids and one of them isn't home yet. I look at this picture and I'm filled with love and thankfulness and yet, I'm also mourning where our littlest girl is spending her Easter Sunday. This family is ready for our baby girl! I'm hoping and praying that our China baby is with us for Easter pictures next year.
Love Hudson looking to Andrew in this picture (as if he needs confirmation that whatever Daddy is doing behind me to make them smile really is funny).
And the silly picture. Note to self: must learn how to make a "silly" face that still looks some-what cute. Yikes.
As I dwell on and think about our littlest baby, not yet home, I think about birds (I know, right... of all things). But I love the imagery of them in the Bible. Especially from Matthew 10:29-31 which says,
"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from you Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."
And from Psalm 84:3...
"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts..."
Our girl is of more value than many sparrows. The hairs of her head are numbered by God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth. She is valued. She is loved by Him. She is not forgotten. She is of more value than many sparrows, and yet even the sparrow finds a home, how much more does God provide a home for her. Even as she waits, we pray often that the Lord will sustain her in a supernatural way. That her heart will hold on to hope. That though her flesh and her heart may fail at times, that God would be the strength of her heart and her portion forever (Psalm 73:26).
Can't wait until our little nest on this Earth has all 5 of our little ones in it - including our sweet China baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment