Wednesday, February 9, 2011

my busy busy mess

This evening I left Andrew alone for too long (= 5 minutes)... I was helping Caleigh with something (and she was a little high maintenance after her surgery today) and Andrew was being so quite (too quite, really).  I came in the living room to find this little boy...
Those are "silky" crayons - Crayola Twistables - they are crayons but write more like markers.  Andrew decided he would decorate his face.  And his hair. And behind his ears. And the floor.  And the baseboard.  All with this bold blue color.
Grouchy face (or 'I don't know what I think about this/you face')...
(Duke blue as my mom pointed out, and on the day of the Carolina v Duke game no less... Hopefully he is not trying to tell me something about his future!)
Sweet boy face... (Note the blue teeth and blue tongue)
The "Andrew, say cheese" face...
Thankfully it all came out in the wash.  Now I know what people mean when they say that boys, "get into stuff" ... or maybe not necessarily boys... maybe just certain personality types.

Caleigh did get into stuff but NEVER to the degree that Andrew does.  If I leave him alone for 5 minutes in the living room he does this, in the kitchen he plays in the trash or gets all the napkins out and tears them all into little pieces, in the bathroom he takes the tops off the deodorants and tries to rub them on his tummy.

He is a busy busy mess - and I love it - but boy does he keep me on my toes!

No comments: