Friday, January 15, 2010

shut up

So yesterday I had my first experience with Caleigh repeating something bad that I have said. After a hectic day of Andrew fussing basically the entire day (he is cutting his first tooth) around 6 pm we were in the car and he was screaming like usual and I said (kind of under my breath) - shut up Andrew. And then I hear this cute, tiny voice from the backseat, "Tut up, A-drew." Great. Love it that Caleigh decided to repeat me at that exact moment. I tried to conceal my laughter because it was pretty funny to hear a 2 year old tell her 7 month old brother to shut up, not knowing at all what it means. I talked her through it and we prayed for forgiveness for Mommy, but wow... it is really an entirely different ballgame when you have a little mimic following you wherever you go. Having a child really does show you your sin.

1 comment:

carrie dirks said...

couldn't agree more...