Thursday, June 11, 2009

18 months

So Caleigh was 18 months almost 3 weeks ago.  I can't even describe all of the fun new things she is doing.  Her 4th molar just came through.  Her 18 month stats are: 23 lb 12 oz (43rd%), 31 inches (32th%), and her head circumference is 18 inches (28th%).  I think the funny thing is that her feet are tiny!  She is wearing size 3 sandals right now which is a typical size for 3-6 months of age!  She is such a great joy to us.  She is talking a mile a minute but we understand none of it!  It is a funny stage to be at.  She is also very much into mimicking us and copying what she sees us do.  She is a fabulous little helper which will be great for when Andrew gets here - she loves cleaning the floor, putting the clothes in the wash, putting things away, watering the flowers, etc.  Her new favorite thing (for summer!) is that she loves playing in the water - pools, splash parks, buckets of water on the back porch - you name it, she likes it.  
Her hair was getting pretty long so we got it cut on Tuesday - I need to get a better picture of the whole thing but you get the gist.  It is now a really short bob.  I didn't envision it being this short but it will be so much cooler for her and I won't have to get it cut again - hopefully not until the end of the summer or later.  She loved getting it cut!  She sat so still while they cut it and then she even let them blow dry it!  She likes being groomed in general as long as it doesn't interrupt her agenda.  Another new thing she is saying a lot recently is 'no.'  When she really means no she will say nnnnnooooooooo in a long low syllable and shake her head and hands back and forth for emphasis.  I have to try not to laugh because it is so cute - but I can see how it will make discipline a little trickier now that she can verbally defy us as opposed to just doing it in her actions.  We love our sweet little 1 and a half year old peanut and can't wait for her to be a big sister!

No comments: