Monday, April 27, 2009

7 months prego (32 weeks)

I have been pregnant for 7 full months and at 32 weeks I am starting my 8th month of pregnancy.  Everyone asks if this pregnancy feels much different from the first and the only difference is that I feel SO much more pregnant.  I am 32 weeks and I am convinced that this is how big I was at 36 or 37 weeks with Caleigh even though I have gained the same amount of weight.  In addition to feeling huge, I get exhausted so much easier which may be the result of carrying a 24 pound girl in addition to ever how many pounds I am carrying with Andrew.  The biggest problem I have had with this pregnancy has been sleep - I can't do it!  I can get to sleep but wake up tons of times during the night - it is hard to describe but it feels like when I am in REM sleep and dreaming, the sleep is so light that I feel like I am actually awake.  Overall I think the second time around the newness of being pregnant has worn off and I am just so ready for Andrew to be here!
For an update on little Andrew - he was breech at our last visit but I am pretty sure he has turned around now.  He is kicking ALL the time.  He weights about 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long - he is gaining about half of a pound per week.  Several weeks ago we had an ultrasound and we could see on that he has a bunch of peach fuzz on his head!  He also has some chubby looking cheeks that look way chubbier than Caleigh's did in utero - so the cheeks may rival Caleigh's which would be impressive.  All in all we can't wait for our little boy to come out!  (I especially can't wait.)
*And another super fun thing - some of my good friends are throwing me a baby shower for Andrew (on May 9th)!  I totally didn't expect to have a shower this time around, but I am SO blessed to have such great friends that want to celebrate Andrew before he gets here.  Thanks y'all!

1 comment:

Wray's said...

it will be fun to see if he looks lke caliegh or totally different!