Wednesday, November 26, 2008

caleigh's 1st birthday party

We had so much fun at Caleigh's 1st birthday party.  When the guests arrived we had burgers, hotdogs, chips, potato salad, baked beans, and apples with dip.  After we ate we had cake!  Caleigh had her own ladybug cake - Bennett helped her blow out the candle on her cake.
Caleigh had no idea what to think about the cake - Adam tried to coax her into the red icing. And I took the head of the ladybug off to try to convince her to taste it. She wasn't a fan until she pried the Oreo off of the side of the cake and got a taste of that.  Ritz crackers are one of her favorite things and what better than basically a chocolate cracker.  All that chocolate and icing was making her thirsty.  We caught her 'red-handed' at the party - and I actually said that. After cake we showed a short clip of pictures from Caleigh's first year and then opened some presents.  All in all we really had a fabulous time.  I wish I would have gotten some better pictures but she is so hard to capture on film these days.  I need to do a 12 month update soon - probably after the holidays.  But I will say that on November 18th she took her first couple steps - on her way to the coffee table to try and grab the remote.  Since then she has taken a couple per day but overall she is very cautious so it may take her a while to really take off.  Her first birthday party really was so much fun and we are so thankful to have had a year with her so far!

No comments: