Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy 26th Birthday Adam!

Well today is Adam's 26th birthday! I can't say that today was actually that special but this past weekend we had a birthday/ baby-free weekend extravaganza. Adam and I had the day off on Friday and we finished getting Caleigh's room ready, bought diapers ($$$!), and attempted to Christmas shop. I'm sure that doesn't sound too fun. But on Friday night we went to dinner at P.F. Chang's and then saw the movie, Dan in Real Life. We would highly recommend it - great movie! On Saturday we went to Blowing Rock / Grandfather Mountain for the day. We walked around Blowing Rock and went up to Grandfather Mountain to the Mile-High Bridge. Adam also got to drive on the Blue Ridge Pkwy for the first time. It was absolutely freezing on the swinging bridge. The car temp said 35 degrees but with the wind up there it had to be around 20.
Adam was making fun of me because I thought the bridge was going to be a mile off the ground so I was slightly disappointed to see that it was only a couple hundred feet off the ground. It was really scary though with the wind blowing and the bridge was actually moving and squeaking. I think I was for sure the only person that was 37 something weeks pregnant. I was secretly hoping that the high altitude and the hiking would induce labor or help her drop or something but to no avail. On Saturday night we went out to dinner with Adam's parents to Dressler's in Birkdale -it was really fun. I think Adam was disappointed because Caleigh got 2 gifts and Adam only got 1. Sunday morning we went to the early service at church and then we headed over to the Panthers v. Atlanta game. It was a fun cap to a busy and exciting weekend.Unfortunately the F15 flyover was canceled but it was a pretty cool Veteran's Day celebration at the game...
And our close-up...
Happy Birthday Adam!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Look at all this blog...Well done!

Kim Tapp said...

when is that baby coming?!?! i can't wait to see her :).