My mother's day this year was fantastic. I felt so loved. Adam did a fantastic job of celebrating me, and really it was just a great semi-regular day of being a mom. I think part of the greatness of it was that the kids are getting older and really want to participate in making it mom's day... and part of it was that my favorite thing to do, and our annual mother's day tradition is something they also love and look forward to: a Sunday late afternoon walk to Brixx for pizza outside on the patio and then ice cream at Ben and Jerry's. The weather was fantastic and we just all really enjoyed being together. It was such a great great day.
A stop at the park on the way home...It's hard to take a selfie with 6 people... (see below)
I think one of the reasons this mother's day was so sweet was that I was still riding the elation of knowing all of our paperwork is in to our agency. It feels like I'm pregnant! With a China baby! And it's so exciting. As opposed to the melancholy of the ups and downs of waiting for prior paperwork approvals when everything felt like it was moving so slowly and like it would never be here, now I can almost feel how close we are getting. It is still our hope and prayer that we would receive a referral for our China baby before Christmas. I think it's likely, but Adam will be there first to tell you that I have a thing with expectations ;) ... as in I really like them, I probably hope in them too much, I probably get too disappointed when my expectations aren't met... so I don't want to get my hopes up, or plan on a specific date. But honestly, I'm a planner, I already know I'll be disappointed if we're not matched by Christmas. But I know that "the heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." (Prov 16:9) I know we will be matched in His timing.
But anyways we're excited and it was a great Mother's Day. And it is all from the Lord. For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. (Romans 11:36)
I'm so looking forward to the day when we're attempting 7 people selfies, and we've got a little China baby in the middle of our blond haired crew.



No comments:
Post a Comment