Friday, June 10, 2011

potty time

Andrew's adventures on the potty - in May he had several successes (this picture with the happy face is from May), both #1 and #2.  So I got really bold and tried to potty train him in June, before he turned 2.  That was a mistake.  He can tell me he needs to go and can go on the potty but he was going through a very defiant phase - and our potty training looked like me telling him it was time to go potty and him throwing an all out tantrum, including falling on the floor saying over and over, "I don't want to."  That combined with the fact that he didn't care about soiling his undies was the straw that broke the camel's back.  After the first #2 in the undies we gave up on potty training (something I said I would never do) and decided for the sake of our sanity that we would go back to diapers.  And it was amazing how as soon as we put the diapers back on all my stress and anxiety just melted away.  Hopefully we will wait and try again in a couple months.

No comments: