Thursday, May 13, 2010

11 months

Wow - Andrew is 11 months old. I just did his 10 month update and we have only had one major change since then - last week on Monday (5/10) Andrew started being able to stand up in the middle of the floor without holding on to anything. He will then just stand momentarily by himself (not making any attempts to walk) and then plop back down on his bottom. He has excellent balance. It is so surprising to see him stand alone like this.
Andrew is also cutting some major teeth. He still only has 2 teeth, both on the bottom. There are 2 on the top that are trying to poke through now and causing him much distress and grouchiness. Otherwise he is such a great little guy. I don't know if this is a second child thing or what but he plays SO well by himself. He could be in his room for an hour and just crawl around and stand and play with a variety of toys. He still drinks out of bottles but in the next month we will have to start the transition to all sippy cup and start giving him tastes of real milk. I think he is going to be so smart - he seems to be very self-motivated to do things well and will practice the same things over and over again (putting balls in container a certain way, etc). It will be neat to continue to see his little personality develop. This is 2 minutes in the life of Andrew - mostly a boring video - but it does show his lack of fear and love of opening and closing doors.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think he looks so much like Adam in that top picture.
I feel like we were just at that concert watching you go into labor LAST WEEK-- cannot believe he's eleven months!!!