On Friday I made empanadas (EM-panadas) for our mexican-themed supper club. They were super hard work - I made the dough beforehand (butter, flour, cream cheese) and refrigerated that overnight. On Friday after I got home from work my parents (who were at our place watching Caleigh) chipped in on the hard work and we rolled, cut, filled (with apple pie filling), sealed, sprinkled (with cinnamon sugar), and baked about 30 empanadas. It took forever! I am sure I couldn't have done it alone and although they were good, I am sure I won't be making them again. We ate them with vanilla ice cream. Here are a few of the leftovers...
3 comments:
Ummmm... there were a LOT more empanadas on the platter when you left the Flemmings'.... did Andrew get a taste, too?
yummmmy!! so sorry I missed out. We'll look forward to seeing y'all next month.
Cherith
wow, i'm impressed you even made the dough from scratch! those remind me of argentina... so yummy.
Post a Comment